Have you had an experience when you felt that God was near?
Would you like to learn new ways of becoming aware of God’s presence?
Join us for this year’s women’s retreat as we explore the many ways in which God is present and active in our public and private lives. Our guide will be Sister Ginny Heldorfer, OSF, a Franciscan Sister, former pastoral minister, and certified spiritual director who values contemplative listening as a way to become aware of God’s presence in everyday experiences.
What You Can Expect
Check-In: 6:00 p.m.-7:20 p.m. (Activities begin at 7:30 p.m.)
Welcome * Stretch & Pray * Introductions * Movie & Popcorn (no evening meal Friday night)
Early Morning Exercise (optional) * Breakfast at 8:00 a.m. * Morning Program with Dr. Stache *
* Lunch * Afternoon Program with Sister Ginny * Quiet Time * Dinner *
Service Project * Evening Fellowship and Fun
Breakfast at 8:00 a.m. * Morning Program * Worship * Sending
What to Bring
- Bible, toiletries, refillable water bottle or coffee mug
- Comfortable clothing
- Walking shoes
- Pajamas and/or robe for “hanging out” and movie time.
- Small tote bag for storing essentials during lessons & activities.
- 2 nights lodging
- 4 meals, snacks, supplies
- Towels and bedding
Shalom Retreat Center
1001 Davis Street, Dubuque, Iowa 52001
From Iowa City on Highway 151 into Dubuque:
- Take the 9th St. exit toward 11th St./US-52N/IA-3W
- Merge on to Elm St.
- Turn right on to Rhomberg Ave.
- Take the 3rd left on Windsor Ave.
- Turn right on to Davis St.
- Driveway to the Center is on the left
Please do not let finances interfere with attending this retreat. Full and partial scholarships are available. Please speak with Pastor Lutz if you would like financial assistance. If you would like to provide financial assistance for another participant, please contact Pastor Lutz.
Women's Retreat Ministry Team: Amy Little (Chair), Comfort Akwaji-Anderson, Wendy Berg, Ann Birnbaum, Janis Bultman, Judy Sutherland, and Pastor Lutz.