Accepting Applications for Director of Children's Ministry
Zion is currently accepting applications to fill the position for Director of Children's Ministries. Interested candidates can send a cover letter and resume to the Zion office no later than May 20, 2022. Questions about the position can be directed to Dave Adams.
ZION LUTHERAN CHURCH – JOB DESCRIPTION
TITLE: Director of Children’s Ministry
TYPE OF POSITION: Non-Exempt
CLASSIFICATION: Part-time/20 Hours per Week
The Director of Children’s ministry is responsible for overseeing the Sunday school ministry and creating new, innovative programming for children in the age range of early childhood through junior high. The director will recruit and train leaders who will instill a foundation that will keep children interested in learning and growing in their faith and instill a desire to be involved in church.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Bring fresh, innovative ideas to help define what Sunday school looks like in our current climate of busy, over scheduled families (Preschool-8th grade).
- Order and distribute any curriculum and materials needed for Sunday school.
- Oversee Sunday school ministries, including development of teachers and communication with parents.
- Provide a warm, friendly, and safe learning environment for children and families.
- Help recruit and train volunteers to help lead Sunday school.
- Develop and lead programming that particularly connects Zion's young children and families to the ministries of Zion.
- Assist Director of Teen and Family Ministries with planning and implementation of VBS program.
- Ensure compliance with Zion’s Child Protection Policies is current.
- Learning and using Realm software to help organize and manage Sunday school rosters and volunteers.
- Communicate to Parish Administrator about Children’s Ministry for the wider congregation community.
- Help Zion reach its mission goals through Children’s Ministry.
- Other duties as assigned.
Administrative and functional supervision is received from the Senior Pastor.
- Passion for the ministry of Christian learning.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to plan.
- Ability to build teams and build strong relationships with a diverse group of people.
- Understanding and acceptance of Lutheran traditions and doctrines.
- Model a mature faith, Christian character, and personal/spiritual growth.
- Experience with Sunday School administration is preferred.
- Associate degree or the equivalent combination of education and related experience in education, recreation, social work, or related fields.
- Experience in recruiting, training, and coordinating volunteers.
- Willing to attend continuing education events to broaden knowledge in these areas of ministry.
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite, including Publisher.
Terms and conditions of employment are outlined in Zion’s personnel policies.