We live in an increasingly polarized world, yet we are called to love and respect each other—even when we disagree. How can we bridge the silence and isolation that too often result when people have opposing views? How can we be “quick to listen, slow to speak, slow to anger”?
This Leap Year weekend, our facilitators will be our own Pastor Jennifer Lutz and Sara Knox, LMSW, Crisis Intervention Program Manager at CommUnity Crisis Services and Food Bank in Iowa City. We’ll leap into a Bible study that explores these questions. We’ll also learn some of the tools CommUnity advocates to provide effective and nonjudgmental services to people of all ages with all kinds of life-views and orientations—including active listening and unconditional positive regard.
Enjoy the company of your Zion sisters as we learn and grow together through lessons, crafts, service projects, shared meals, and laughter—all in the peaceful surroundings of the lovely Shalom Retreat Center. If you’ve joined us in past years, you know how much fun we have. If you haven’t joined us yet, we hope you make this year your first!
· The cost is $140 per person. Please make checks out to ““Zion Lutheran” with “Women’s Retreat” in the memo line.
· Return your completed registration form with payment to the Zion Office by February 16, 2020. We are unable to issue refunds after this date. Registration is limited.
· Online registration is now closed. Contact Ann Birnbaum for registration details.
· Contributions to the scholarship fund are welcome.
WHAT TO BRING:
· Bible, toiletries (showers available), water bottle or coffee mug
· comfortable clothing
· walking shoes
· pajamas and/or robe for “hanging out” & movie time
· small tote bag for storing essentials during lessons & activities